As you guys are aware Kitty and I love us some good coffee – for a while there I has to be on decaf and it was killing me! – Anyways I’m back on the full octane stuff now and just wanted to get you up to speed on a new dripper we snagged a while back.
We saw the clever being used both at Verve in Santa Cruz and Red Rock in Mountain View and just had to snap one up – it combines the best of both worlds – both the french press which allows the coffee grounds to sit in the coffee, and the drip filter style.
One of the things I did realize when I first saw this was that yes – when you use a regular pour over filter the water does not stay in the grinds very long – thus does not have that much time to impart flavor to the coffee. The Clever solves that problem – we use it every day and get a perfect cup of coffee.
This is how it works:
- Put a paper filter into the Clever, and place the Clever over your cup. The valve on the bottom will open.
- Get some hot water from your kettle and pour a little bit in to wet the filter. Move the Clever off your cup. Pour out the water in the cup.
- Put the grounds in the Clever and move it off your cup. The valve will close.
- Pour hot water into the Clever and fill it to the rim – or less depending on the size of cup
- Stir the coffee until you see crema, like we told you before
- Time 2 minutes & 30 seconds
- When time’s up, place the Clever over your cup and let the coffee drain out.
- Once the coffee is all drained out, tip the Clever over the trash to dump out the filter and coffee.
- Rinse and replace the Clever
- Enjoy your coffee!
Once you go Clever, you’ve never go back to just using your pour over filter. Try it out! BTW, the best price is on Amazon at the moment, $22
The Clever Coffee Dripper is an easy way to brew great coffee without bitterness, acidity or loose grounds. The difference is it’s new shut-off valve system. Instead of pushing the grounds to the bottom of the brew carafe, the grounds settle naturally. Instructions: * Set the paper filter into the brewer. * Add coffee and “boiling” water, stir and let brew for “3 minutes”. * Place the Clever Coffee Dripper on top of a mug and watch as it fills with perfectly brewed, perfectly clear coffee in seconds. * Lift the brewer off the mug and the Patented Shut-Off System stops the flow.