Hey there, foodie friends! Are you craving a delicious burger that packs a punch of flavor without guilt? Look no further! This ultimate veggie burger recipe is mouthwateringly tasty and super healthy. Ready to whip up this crowd-pleasing delight? Let’s get cooking!
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg, beaten (for a vegan option, use a flax egg: 1 tbsp ground flaxseed + 2.5 tbsp water)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil for cooking
- Burger buns and your favorite toppings (lettuce, tomato, onion, avocado, cheese, etc.)
- In a large bowl, mash the black beans with a fork or potato masher, leaving some chunks for texture.
- Add the mashed black beans to the cooked quinoa, red bell pepper, grated carrot, red onion, cilantro, and breadcrumbs. Mix well to combine.
- Stir in the beaten egg (or flax egg), minced garlic, ground cumin, smoked paprika, salt, and black pepper. Mix well until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Divide the mixture into 4-6 equal portions (depending on your preferred patty size) and shape each into a patty.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Cook the patties on each side for 4-5 minutes or until they’re golden brown and heated through.
- Assemble your burgers with your favorite buns and toppings, and enjoy!
This ultimate veggie burger recipe is perfect for a weeknight dinner or weekend cookout. Packed with flavor, nutrients, and plant-based goodness, it’s a guilt-free indulgence that’ll have everyone asking for seconds. So, fire up the stove and enjoy this flavor-packed veggie delight. Bon appétit!