Pizza night just got healthier with our vegetarian mini-pizza recipe using English muffins! Simple to make, delicious, and packed with fresh ingredients, these mini-pizzas are perfect for a quick dinner or a fun appetizer. Let’s jump right in.
- 4 English muffins, split in half
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Dried oregano, to taste
- Crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat Your Oven: Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and place the oven rack in the middle position.
- Prepare Your Muffins: Split the English muffins in half and place them cut-side up on a baking sheet.
- Add Sauce: Spread each muffin half with a generous amount of pizza sauce.
- Cheese It Up: Sprinkle a layer of shredded mozzarella cheese on top of the sauce.
- Top with Veggies: Arrange the chopped bell pepper, sliced red onion, mushrooms, black olives, and cherry tomatoes on each muffin half.
- More Cheese, Please: Add another layer of cheese on top of the veggies to help everything stick together and create a delicious melted topping.
- Season: Sprinkle each mini-pizza with dried oregano and crushed red pepper flakes, if using.
- Bake: Pop the baking sheet into the preheated oven and bake for about 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly and slightly golden.
- Cool: Allow the mini-pizzas to cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve: Enjoy your English muffin mini-pizzas as they are or with a side of fresh salad.
- Store: If you have any leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Reheat in the oven or microwave when ready to eat again.
There you have it! A simple, delicious, and healthier pizza option that’s vegetarian-friendly and ready in no time. Enjoy!